[Dixielandjazz] George Melly NY TIMES OBIT

Ivor Jones banjones at sapo.pt
Mon Jul 9 14:36:03 PDT 2007

Sorry Pat, unless he re-titled it. It is Rum, Bum, and Concertina. I have it
in my hot little hand.

I first came across George at a Pub at the bottom of Fleet Street, the home
of the British press. It was 1954, more or less, I don't remember the
pub.The band was called the Press Gang, and it was probably comprised of
journalists. George sang 'Judge, Judge,sweet mister Judge send me to the
'lectric chair' . He was bloody awful but very entertaining.
The question is, Who was in the Press Gang ? Not even Mr. Australia will
know that . How about it Bill.

Regards

Ivor