[Dixielandjazz] Merntored? Mentored?

pat ladd pj.ladd at btinternet.com
Sun Jul 8 02:39:57 PDT 2007

  Ain't the internet wonderful!>>

Hi Kay,
sure is, but as anyone can put what they like on it, even their own opinion
of what a word means, I think I will stick to the hard copy.

It is all just part of the unstoppable flow of American English promulgated
through Hollywood and TV, each variation unnecessarily complicated and
elongated.  `Burglarised` instead of  `burgled` for instance.
 I am just an  grumpy old guy railing against the advancing tide of
barbarism. Like Roland at Roncevalle I don`t expect to win, just to hold the
enemy up for a while. Come to think of it I had an uncle who received a
medal for doing that in the First World War...You never know.......

Cheers

Pat  :-)

: