[Dixielandjazz] Attn. All Members DJML

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Mon Jul 9 01:17:46 PDT 2007

A few people have asked why I sign my official posts to DJML as "DJML
Moderator" when the List is unmoderated.

To answer this question:

yes, the List is unmoderated.  This means that
anyone may post anything they want, as long as it loosely pertains to
Dixieland Jazz.  However, I do have the ability to put the List on moderate
if one or more members violate the accepted rules and procedures of the List
as stated in the DJML FAQ (Frequently asked questions)  located at:

http://www.islandnet.com/djml/faq.html

Please note that while I am the DJML Moderator, or Manager, or whatever you
want to call it, I never give my personal opinions under the moderator
signature.

While I am the moderator, I help keep the List polite and on track, I still
have my own opinions and state them freely here on DJML.

Be aware that the List has only been put on Moderate a couple of times.
This was when a member was using very foul and profane language.  Another
time someone was forging his address and putting out fake messages that
would hurt some musicians careers.

In some 11-years of DJML, only two people have been taken off of the list
and blocked from resubscribing.  These were the two that I speak of.

--Bob Ringwald
DJML Moderator, Manager or Janitor...