[Dixielandjazz] New Age Monk

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 15:13:29 PDT 2007

Hello Dan,
Sometimes Monk WAS OKOM.  I have a CD where he plays (solo, of course
- he iften kept bad company) a fantastic version of "Smoke Gets in
Your Eyes."  If that is not OKOM, I don't know what is.  He also plays
a very boring (to these old ears) version of "'Round Midnight" (but
then, I usually find it boring, although I have heard gooe - OKOM, not
modern - versions).
Cheers