[Dixielandjazz] time signatures

Larry Walton Entertainment - St. Louis larrys.bands at charter.net
Tue Jul 3 12:24:50 PDT 2007

There is a Big Band arrangement called  "The cracked record"  It was
supposed to be by a guy who had transcribed Glen Miller's "In The Mood" from
a cracked record.  It's In The Mood in many different time signatures and I
think the sections differ from each other also.

We can all play In The Mood in our sleep but this arrangement is incredibly
difficult not only because of the wide ranging time signatures but because
we are so used to playing it in a particular way.  We just sort of go on
auto pilot when this tune is pulled which really works against you.

It definitely isn't a sight reader.
Larry
St. Louis