[Dixielandjazz] Tamas in Ascona, Switzerland

Nancy Giffin NANCYink at surewest.net
Tue Jul 3 02:32:16 PDT 2007

TAMAS ITTZES <bohem at fibermail.hu> wrote:
(polite snip)
> ...By the way, we also played 10 gigs at the Ascona Festival
> with the Bohem Ragtime Jazz Band (sold almost all CD's we
> had brought and got 7 new invitations to other festivals
> and jazz clubs)...

Tamas and list mates,

A friend of mine was also in Ascona, and I had earlier asked him to stop by
and see Tamas, and say hello for me if possible. He didn't get to meet
Tamas, but he really enjoyed the show by the Bohem Ragtime Jazz Band. He
said that Tamas is a very talented musician, and that "it's a great band --
very entertaining."

Re. Joe Ascione on drums there in Ascona: in mid-June, he broke his right
hand, just below the pinky. So, the "bandage" that Tamas saw was actually a
CAST, custom made, allowing Joe to hold a drum stick and play the drums
(however painful it must've been, night after night).

Congrats, Tamas, on the great success of your band!

Love and hugs,
Nancy