[Dixielandjazz] Interesting Can of Worms

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Sun Jul 1 14:50:57 PDT 2007

Perhaps a lot - but not that way.  Which is why they play with feeling
and conviction, whereas PHJB members, who had been told to play
certain numbers in a certain way did not (using past tense in view of
the "reivention" business).  I've heard that from an ex-member, an
excellent musician, who had been a member of the band whose music,
albeit not strictly from Dixie, I considered the best I heard in New
Orleans in 1980, and who later played with the PHJB, and quit because
of tthe said policy.
Cheers