[Dixielandjazz] I Go Pogo too

David Dustin postmaster at fountainsquareramblers.org
Tue Jan 30 17:52:26 PST 2007

Pass the perloo, Cherchy!  A copy of a favorite Pogo strip hangs over my
desk. (This job is so secret even YOU can¹t know what you¹re doin¹...) I
started late but I have 3 Pogo books inherited from my dad.

Hmmm.  Pogo + OKOM... Can this be coincidental?  I think it¹s all about
words, rhythms, sounds.  Besides being a staller draftsman, Walt Kelly was a
musician of dialog. He wielded and warped words the way a jazz musician
bends notes and inflects a phrase.  Everything felt Œhomey¹ and natural.

David Dustin