[Dixielandjazz] Louis Jordan, Prima, Herman

Charles Suhor csuhor at zebra.net
Mon Jan 29 19:44:33 PST 2007

Woody was shamefully glossed over on Burns' jazz series. Not a very
creative soloist himself, but what and talents he developed, and what
bands he had! Another up-tempo exciter was "Keeper of the Flame"
(follows changes to "I Found a New Baby") with Lamond again and
brilliant bari sax by Serge Chalof and other nonstop soloists.

Charlie Suhor