[Dixielandjazz] I'm back

Jerry Brown jazzjerry at btinternet.com
Sun Jan 28 09:13:26 PST 2007

Hi all,

It is a very long time but I'm back with a new email
address.

I'm still in the jazz CD selling business based here
in Norwich, U.K. trading is all genres of jazz and
blues and related music, e.g. what can be loosely
termed nostalgia and hot dance. Business is not too
bad considering the impact of the download but luckily
for me there ain't too much on the web by lots of the
musicians my customers want! If anyone wants to see
what I can sell to them all they have to do is visit
www.jazznblues.co.uk and down load some of the
newsletters.

I have also branched out into promotion of live music
and next May we (that is me plus two others) are
putting on a Jazz Party here in Norwich taking over
from the very successful one which has been held in
Blackpool over the past seven years. We have expanded
it a bit and have a total of 31 musicians from both
sides of the Atlantic playing at the Holiday Inn here
in Norwich over three days at the beginning of May.
For those who might be interested the musicians are
(in alfabetical order):-
Howard Alden
Alan Barnes
Dan Barrett
Ian Bateman
Dan Block
Joyce Breach
Steve Brown
John Bunch
Dave Cliff
Alec Dankworth
John Dankworth
Eddie Erickson
Chris Flory
Dave Green
Scott Hamilton
Jake Hanna
Spike Heatley
Keith Ingham
Jon-Erik Kellso
Rebecca Kilgore
George Masso
Ed Metz Jr
Jack Parnell
Nicki Parrott
John Pearce
Ken Peplowski
Scott Robinson
Randy Sandke
Matthias Seuffert
Rossano Sportiello
Enrico Tomasso

Not a bad lineup I hope you will agree.

Tickets are going well but there is still room if you
would like to visit our fair city.

Having been away for some time I am not sure what
topics are currently being discussed but I look
forward to reading the thoughts of esteemed members
and making contributions when appropriate.

Cheers,

Jerry,
Norwich,
U.K.