[Dixielandjazz] Brother Thelonius Belgian Style Ale

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 27 08:12:51 PST 2007

Now here's an idea whose time has come. Naming beers after jazz musicians.
Like "Brother Wild Bill" could be strong and robust, while Brother Bix,
"Cool & Complicated", etc.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone

North Coast Brother Thelonious - Commercial Description:

With the developing interest in Belgian abbey ales and the monasteries that
brew them, it's time to remind the world that here in the U.S., we have a
Monk of our own. Jazz icon Thelonious Monk is the inspiration for North
Coast Brewing's new Belgian-style abbey ale called, appropriately enough,
Brother Thelonious. The beer is being released in conjunction with the
Thelonious Monk Institute of Jazz (www.monkinstitute.org), and the
brewery will make a contribution to the Institute for every case sold to
support jazz education.  Like a Belgian "Dark Strong Ale", the beer is rich
and robust with an ABV of 9%. The package is a 750 ml bottle with a
traditional cork and wire finish and features a label picturing the jazz
master himself.