[Dixielandjazz] Al Hirt - Bio - Haydn trumpet concerto

Dan Augustine ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu
Wed Jan 24 13:52:04 PST 2007

     Don't bother.  I've got an old LP of him playing the Haydn
trumpet concerto with (as i recall) the Boston Pops, and he plays the
notes, but his classical style is terrible.  Maurice Andre he ain't,
and Wynton Marsalis is ten times better at classical stuff (but still
no Maurice Andre).

     Dan

**  Dan Augustine  --  Austin, Texas  --  ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu
**  "People with opinions go around bothering one another."
**                 -- The Buddha