[Dixielandjazz] Al Hirt - Bio - "Jazz Musician or Pop Player?

Fr M J (Mike) Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Wed Jan 24 13:28:09 PST 2007

I recall there was a Time-Life LP of his playing one of (I think) Haydn's
trumpet symphonies/concertos.  I've been meaning to do some eBay searching
for it, but haven't gotten around to it.  I recall (I was in college at the
time) that it struck me as sounding less like a classical horn than a jazz
horn playing classical, which is all right, as I get the same feeling
listening to Goodman play classical.  Crossover versatility is certainly my
gig...,
----
Etc,

Fr M J (Mike) Logsdon, Vicar-general
North American Old Roman Catholic Church (Utrecht Succession)
Archdiocese of California
www.naorc.org