[Dixielandjazz] You Know You Are Getting Old When . . .

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 20 07:26:42 PST 2007

You know you are getting old when you read about:

"Denny Doherty, a founding member of the 1960s folk-pop band the Mamas and
the Papas, died yesterday at his home in Mississauga, Ontario. He was 66."

The founding generation of the "folk pop / rock" music is dying off with
increasing frequency. And they are younger than many of us. Hmmmm.

As recent threads have hinted at, "ours" was probably the last generation
heavily influenced by cartoon music. Perhaps the very reason we like OKOM so
much? Certainly true in my case, watching cartoons every Saturday in the
movies from about age 10 up. Heard a lot of jazz there while seeing a
pleasurable visual along with it. A LOT. At a very young age. How about you?

Cheers,
Steve Barbone