[Dixielandjazz] Woody Allen - Redux

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Fri Jan 19 14:02:30 PST 2007

Hi Judy:

There are a lot of OKOM people out there that have never heard anything
other than their 8th grade grandkids or kids playing a clarinet , so to
them he sounds wonderful, not all of them have heard Pete, Fountain,
Steve Barbone, Paul Edgerton, Kenny Davern, Allen Vache, Pee Wee , or
Sydney or anybody else in OKOM.

It's OK not to like him personally, but why waste the mental and finger
energy keepin' on keepin' on about it,  most of us don't like Kenny G
either, but hey he does what he does and got along without US before
and he can get along without us now.  So can old Woody. :))

There are some experts on this list that I have heard that don't sound
much better to my ears either, but it's no sweat off my hat band, we
all hear things a bit differently and are entitled to our opinions, but
we don't have to make them a crusade :))

My daddy taught me that I f I can't say anything good then it's polite
to say nothing at all, I have not always adhered to that advice, but I
do try.   Now Hush my mouth before I put my foot in it again . :))

Love and Hugs

Tom who will tolerate anybody who is spreading the word and music to as
large an audience as old Woody does however and why ever he does it, I
just hope he keeps doin' it and makes opportunities for others better
than him to follow, no harm in that. IMHO.