[Dixielandjazz] Lyrics for verse of "In a Shanty in Old Shanty town."

custode at aol.com custode at aol.com
Fri Jan 19 11:51:14 PST 2007

Verse:
I'm up in the world, But I'd give the world,
To be where I used to be;
A heav -en -ly nest, Where I rest the best,
Means more than the world to me.

Chorus:
It's on -ly a shan -ty in old Shan -ty Town,
The roof is so slan -ty it touch -es the ground;
But my tum -bled down shack, By an old rail -road track,
Like a mil -lion -aire's man -sion, is call -ing me back.
I'd give up a pal -ace, if I were a king;
It's more than a pal -ace, it's my ev -'ry thing.
There's a queen wait -ing there with a sil -ver -y crown,
In A Shan -ty In Old Shan -ty Town.
_______

Lewis D. Custode, Jr., CLU, ChFC, CASL
Trumpet/Vocals