[Dixielandjazz] RedGorilla Music Fest seeks bands - Austin TX

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Thu Jan 18 16:21:14 PST 2007

Gee Dan :

Are all the Musicians in TEXAS THAT CLOD HEADED, WELL WILLIE NELSEN
AIN'T and I know how he got where he is and to be an icon in the music
industry.

Now this guys sounds like one of those folks that won't go outside
today because "IT MIGHT RAIN"  Or that Wild Elephant that got loose
from the Circus in NYC might kill me. :))

Nothing ventured nothing gained.

If NOBODY form Jazz or OKOM bothers to participate and even TRY to get
inside and Educate them about this genre of Music you can bet nobody
will pay attention to it or anything else that does not have a Guitar
in it.

I can't believe we vote people from Texas into the White House,  is it
something in the water down there :)) ??

I know it is not affecting you cause you drink Beer, but wow buddy you
need to find a smarter set of drinkin' buddies, unless of course they
are buying all your Beers.

No wonder you are always saying there is no OKOM scene in Austin, never
will be with that kind of thinkin'.

You can't ever win the Lottery if you don't BUY A TICKET !

Just to name one act that proves him wrong to the bone:  Osomatli is a
Brass/ percussion Band that played there last year and tore the place
up, and are now selling out concert venues Coast to Coast at $20.00 to
$40.00 a person five and six night a week.

Your friend needs to get outta Texas more These days and see what is
happening in the Real World,  The smartest guys in Texas are the ones
that are bringing these festival into TEXAS and all the revenue that
comes with them.  Hotel rooms, restaurants, taxies, instrument rentals,
stage rentals, advertising etc. etc etc.

There are those who work professionally in the business and those that
sit back and tell us all that is WRONG WITH IT BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT IN
IT,  GO ASK SOMEBODY WHO IS ACTUALLY PARTICIPATING IN IT IF YOU WANT TO
KNOW THE VALUE OF IT.

I keep trying to show ya'll the money but you guys won't take the
blinders off, and some even pull the hat down over their faces when it
is staring them right in the face like the rising SUN.

The same guys who try to book their bands with the opening line:  You
wouldn't want to buy no old Dixieland Band would you ? and then answer
it themselves with No I didn't think so, well give me a beer anyway,
how much do I owe you for the Beer ?

Cheers,

Your Buddy, Old Tom "Show Me the Money" Wiggins
Henry J. Kaiser  that other wannbe car maker, who found a better
business in Cement said it all:

"Find a Need and Fill It "   and charge for it .   MARKETING MARKETING
MARKETING,  Talent and Art have little or nothing to do with it but
they both get supported off of all the money generated from Marketing.