[Dixielandjazz] Need Lyrics

Custode at aol.com Custode at aol.com
Wed Jan 17 18:27:55 PST 2007

SOMEONE TO WATCH OVER ME
Words - Ira Gershwin

VERSE
There's a  saying old, says that love is blind,
still were often told, "Seek and ye  shall find."
So I'm going to seek a certain lad I've
had, in  mind.
Looking ev'rywhere, haven't found him yet,
he's the big affair I  cannot forget.
Only man I ever think of with re-
gret.
I'd like to add  his initial to my
monogram.
Tell me, where is the shepherd for
this,  lost, lamb?

CHORUS
There's a somebody I'm longing to see,
I hope  that he, turns out to be,
someone who'll watch, over
me.
I'm a little  lamb who's lost in a wood,
I know I could, always be good,
to one who'll  watch, over
me. Although he
may not be the man some girls
think of, as  handsome, to
my heart, he carries, the
key.
Won't you tell him please  to put on some speed,
follow my lead, oh, how I need,
someone to watch,  over
me.

VERSE
When you're all alone, life is never gay,
and  I've got to own, thing are looking grey.
But I know there's someone who will  come my
way, some day.
Though I'm by myself I should hate to  be,
sitting on the shelf, I prefer a knee!
And I'm sure there's somebody  who's meant for
me.
Somewhere I know there's a heart that isn't
hard or  cold.
Somewhere there is a hand that I
long, to, hold.
(To  Chorus)