[Dixielandjazz] "cartoon" music

Edgerton, Paul A paul.edgerton at eds.com
Wed Jan 17 00:36:06 PST 2007

Bill,

I won't argue with your research or your formidable collection of
recordings.  I will only note that I have heard broadcasts of suites
crediting Raymond Scott as composer (and no others).  These "suites"
consisted mainly of cues for Looney Toons (which I recognized) so
perhaps the question of their actual authorship could be resolved.  The
music I heard was both serious and whimsical, substantial, fiendishly
difficult and admirably well-played.

Still, I'm not sure Wikipedia should be taken as an authoritative
source.  They typically require citations, but not necessarily
corroboration. And they disallow "original research."

Regards,

Paul