[Dixielandjazz] ITunes steals music

Scott Anthony santh at pacbell.net
Tue Jan 16 15:34:56 PST 2007

Are you sure about this? I can't imagine the major labels would put up with
this, and individual or smaller distributors (like CDBaby) would be
similarly upset, to say the least.

Our new public-domain-only CD was created for selling through CDBaby.com and
they distribute digitized versions to iTunes, Rapsody, etc. We are now on
over 25 digital distribution channels, and each of them pays CDBaby then us.
In the case of  iTunes, we are supposed to get something like $0.69 for the
singles after  iTunes takes a cut and CDBaby takes a cut.

Here's our URL
http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?id=208119886&s=143441

Scott Anthony
Golden Gate Rhythm Machine