[Dixielandjazz] Update on the Jazz Plug in for Internet Explorer. Includes OKOM

Lowell Busching verbose at daktel.com
Tue Jan 16 09:59:26 PST 2007

Like most free add-ons for browsers, the Jazz tool-bar I mentioned in an
earlier post (yesterday) is both an advertising tool and a one stop
source for all things jazz.

http://www.jazz-toolbar.com/GandYnews.htm

With version 7 of Internet Explorer it was presented as a new add on for
that version.  However, if you go to the above address you will find
that it is available not only for versions of IE. from 5 on, but also
Fire Fox.  For reasons best known to the programmers, it will not work
with Netscape itself, which unfortunately in my opinion will not bother
a lot of people!

It not only has an extensive list of Jazz sites, including
www.redhotjazz.com and Pandora, but a lot of other jazz sources and can
be added to by anyone from the bottom of the above home page. This even
includes some "Jazz dating services", mostly in the big cities! This
could give getting together for a jazz experience a whole new name!

On the other side of the coin, festivals and events from all over the
world can be added in the proper categories, links to jazz blogs, or
possibly even mailing lists.  I did not spot the DJML, but that is not
my job.  OKOM is represented at least somewhat throughout the lists
accessible from the  "Jazz tool-bar".  The "home page" is only the tip
of the iceberg.

The drop down menus on the tool-bar are extensive, but generally easy to
use. Windows type lists like you see in "All Programs".

Mad Dawg