[Dixielandjazz] Ramsey Lewis in Punta Gorda, FL Concert

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Mon Jan 15 14:00:03 PST 2007

Hi Marek:

It's OK to be Square, but we should be thankful that a major Jazz
artist like Ramsey Lewis even allows an OKOM Banjo Band on his show and
provides it a place to perform in front of a large audience.
Personally I would go to see Ramsey and pay to do so before I would  to
go see the Banjo Band for free.   and the big surprise is that RAMSEY
MAY VERY WELL PLAY SOME OKOM in his show which he is perfectly capable
f dong if he chooses to and has an audience that would appreciate it.

Traditional Jazz Societies might learn that about many great Big Name
Jazz artist if they would book them and ask them to play such music in
their shows.   Never ask you never know what they are capable or
willing to do.   They certainly can draw an audience that you could
then expose to more Traditional Jazz on the program.

The idea of a successful festival today is one that has entertainment
to attract all types and ages of people to an event to SPEND MONEY so
that the event can thrive and continue to provide live music and such
for future audiences.

If you were there you would have a great Option, go listen to Ramsey
Lewis or go listen to the Banjo band, and be as Square as you want to
be :))   Heck they might even have a jam session if you put the two of
them together.

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins   who even knows people who think Ramsey Lewis is Square :))