[Dixielandjazz] Oh happy day

John Farrell stridepiano at tesco.net
Sun Jan 14 04:22:28 PST 2007

My wife and two daughters have gone to India for two weeks, I refused to
join them because I get very nervous about travelling to countries where it
is not safe to drink the water or worse still, as I am a card-carrying
carnivore, to eat meat. During their absence I have promised to paint the
last undecorated bedroom (also the smallest, thank God) and have divided the
job into fourteen segments each of which I figured would take me the best
part of a day to complete.

This morning the first segment was done in less than an hour! So to fill the
remaining time here I am powering my way through a pre-lunch bottle of Pinot
Grigio with the orgasmic Portena Jazz Band playing on the hifi at full
blast. I keep promising myself that one day I am going to catch those guys
live (Kash, I believe that the Portena uprooted from Argentina and is now
based in Spain). It is certainly one of the most exciting bands I have ever
heard - do not miss any opportunity to listen to it.

John Farrell