[Dixielandjazz] Big Band recording of OKOM Contenporary

Lowell Busching verbose at daktel.com
Sat Jan 13 21:15:00 PST 2007

Steve on the last digest gave a heads up on the new Harry Connick Jr. CD
containing some of our kind of music (OKOM).  I think one of OKOM
festival musicians, John Allred, who plays with that band, was probably
on the recording. At least he missed one or two festivals with his
father, Bill Allred due to the recording sessions. Hopefully Steve will
be confirming this as I sent him a private query on that.

I am not sure who Harry's arranger is, but the main arranger for Jack
Sheldon, Tom Kubis, has done many such arrangements for Jack's very
large big band. Some may have made it to Jack's albums, both with his
big band and duo's with the late Ross Tompkin's. Check them out, and
Jack too at:

http://www.butterflyrecords.com

Mad Dawg