[Dixielandjazz] Did Bop Kill Jazz?

Marek Boym nmboym at 012.net.il
Wed Jan 10 14:12:17 PST 2007

Definitely - some.  Same goes for OKOM, but whereas I am prepared to listen
to not-so-good Dixie, I am only prepared to listen to excellent bop.  Still
love the Gillespie/Parker recordings, whether studio or Massey Hall.  And
Parker's Cole Porter album is still among my favourites (and has been for
the last 40 years).
Cheers