[Dixielandjazz] What Killed Jazz? (Assuming Jazz is dead)

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Wed Jan 10 12:13:31 PST 2007

Jazz is not dead, it just keeps moving so you can't put it into one
specific place anymore, it travels down many different roads and shows
up in the most unlikely places with great audiences, unfortunately it
rarely leaves a forwarding address, ya gotta follow the big Yellow Gig
Bus with all the musicians on it. :))

Ahh yes, but I remember when "land of 1000 Dances was at the top of the
Charts :))  And for a good reason, everybody was dancing that was not
dead yet.  Or just wallflowers or Too Cool to dance or get laid :))

And Do Ya Wanna Dance ?

How about Your Mamma don't dance and your Daddy don't Rock & Roll ?

IN the 50,and 60, almost all the pop songwriters were writing songs and
creating DANCES to go with them :))

How quickly we forget :))

Like the Huckelbuck, Jitterbug, Charleston,  The Twist, Mashed
Potatoes, The Pony, The Monkey, The Slide, The Hustle, The Get Back
Jack,  The Bug,  The Swim, The  Harlem Shuffle, The Tighten Up,  we
even had clubs named after some of them,  like The Peppermint Twist,

And sooooo many more that I forgot I am sure.  Come on ladies you will
remember them better than most of the stuffy old Codgers who would
never dance with you.

Lose the dancers and you lose your audience for the masses.  Been that
way since the Waltz folks,  Young People always want to shake their
booties, and even if they won't admit it the old men love to watch em
shake em too along with boobies, why do you think the PONY was so
popular?  or the Monkey, Jitterbug,

Tom  "Dancin' Like Nobody's Watchin" Wiggins