[Dixielandjazz] Benny Goodman 1938 Carnegie Hall Concert

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Sun Jan 7 15:10:36 PST 2007

>This upcoming January 16th will mark the 69th anniversary of
this landmark event...............I recall that some time ago there was a
discussion on the List as to the best reproduction..........I would
appreciate suggestions as to what recording to purchase.<

Dear George,
Like you, I await the opinions with interest.
The following reissues are currently available at Worlds Records, Novato CA.
*Avid 122   Part of 3CD set
*Avid 151   Part of 4CD set
*Columbia 65143    2CD digitally remastered set with previously unreleased
material
*Jasmine 656   2CD set
Many DJMLers, like me, will have had (maybe still have) Columbia G2K40244
the original 2CD reissue of the Columbia LPs we all knew and loved.
Kind regards,
Bill.