[Dixielandjazz] New Oxfordshire (UK) venue

Judy Eames jude at judyeames.co.uk
Sun Jan 7 11:55:40 PST 2007

 Oxfordshire Lurkers or visitors to the  Cotswolds, please put a new venue :
Fat Lil's,  64a Corn St Witney OX28 6BS  on your list.
It's  "A music and entertainment venue for discerning adults" which opens on
21st Jan

Tony Davis and I have been asked to arrange three gigs a month in the first
instance ... normally 2nd and 4th Sundays from 3pm to 5.30 (£3 on the
oor  ) and 1st Fridays from 8 to 11 (tickets £7.50, or on the door if
available )     (complicated but this is England)

Booked so far:

Sun 21st Jan:  Paul Munnery's Swing Street  This is an "extra"... if a first
gig can be extra that is:-)  A free session with a first class band to tempt
people through the door
Sun 28th Jan: Tony Davis and me with a couple of surprise guests ... guests
still tbc
Fri Feb 2nd: Alen Beechey's Bright Stars of Jazz ... a fine young band (I
mean young! 20s and 30s) playing jazz Chicago style
Sun Feb 11th: The Denise Lawrence trio  Denise is a very popular UK singer
of Ballads, Blues and Gospel
Sun  Feb 25th: tba
Fri March 2nd: Kaminsky Connection ... our own Condon style band
Fri Apr 6th : Harlem tbc

If there's an element of vagueness here, we only got the go ahead on Dec 23
and everyone, including us, is away from home in the holiday season.

At the moment we're only allowed to book about two months ahead till they
see how it's going and any help spreading the word to make it a success will
be welcome.

BTW if I tell you that one of the owners has Cell Block 7 on her wish list
you might question the use of "discerning":-) Bob, Bill and all,  do  you
remember Mandy from the Bell at Ducklington?  She's opening the club with
her husband and would love you to play for her some time!

Judy Eames
Kaminsky Connection
Aston, Oxfordshire
UK