[Dixielandjazz] Benny Goodman 1938 Carnegie Hall Concert

George Thurmond gthurmond at stx.rr.com
Sun Jan 7 11:18:45 PST 2007

Listmates -

            This upcoming January 16th will mark the 69th anniversary of
this landmark event, and I intend to celebrate the occasion by having a
few other surviving friends over to listen to the Concert on my stereo
system.  I discover that my old Columbia LP is pretty well worn out, so
I need to get the best CD copy of the program.  I recall that some time
ago there was a discussion on the List as to the best reproduction, but
I can't recall the consensus.  So I would appreciate suggestions as to
what recording to purchase.  Thanks.

George Thurmond