[Dixielandjazz] [TPIN] Re: Pachelbel Canon

James Olcott olcottj at muohio.edu
Tue Jan 2 18:17:13 PST 2007

Well, sorta.

Those are (at one count per chord): D major - A major - B minor - D
major in first inversion - G major - D major - G major - A major
repeated ad infinitum (well, actually, as Paravonian says, 54 times,
which, no matter how you slice it, feels ad infinitum.

Transpose down a step for the key of C...

JO

James Olcott
Professor of Trumpet
Miami University