[Dixielandjazz] Handling cancellations and breaks

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Mon Jan 1 12:30:14 PST 2007

>So we wear down our high brass and the heavy improv falls on the bone and the
clarinet who never seem to get a break.<

Dear David,
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Wot about the poor rhythm section!
It NEVER gets a break during a set to rest the 'chops'.
Our group usually do 40 minutes with a 15 minute break. Rarely a sign of the
audience 'walking', unless they were going to anyway.
I once had a regular pub job where the owner asked us to take longer breaks
because, he said, the patrons didn't booze while we were playing.
Kind regards,
Bill.