[Dixielandjazz] Herlin Riley

Bill Dendle bdendle at winfirst.com
Wed Feb 28 17:00:58 PST 2007

Ed Metz, Jr. is the greatest drummer in the world - in any style, any era -
he always knows what to do, and supports the band and the music exactly as
it should be done. He's not only a student of early jazz, swing, modern jazz
and rock; he can play literally anything incomparably.

No offense to anyone else; there are many excellent drummers, and I've
enjoyed playing with many through the years. It's just that after you play
with Ed, you're spoiled.

Bill Dendle

Dave,