[Dixielandjazz] Shameless Plug

d.sleeman d.sleeman at hccnet.nl
Tue Feb 27 05:11:02 PST 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "JOHN FARRELL" <stridepiano at btinternet.com>
To: "DJML" <dixielandjazz at ml.islandnet.com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2007 1:12 PM
Subject: Re: [Dixielandjazz] Shameless Plug

> Dick Sleeman wrote :
>     > Members of this incredible list have asked me if I REALLY have a trombone
> (because of the post scriptum I use :-))
> >
> > The answer is: Yes, and you can see for yourselves at:
> >
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztovCtOmRNY
>
>   Lovely stuff Dick, a fine band and you are a great bone player.

Thanks, John!

> My only criticism - where is the piano?

I see your point - the piano is situated to the extreme left, just behind my euphonium. Unfortunately it is outside the picture, so you can't see it (you can't hear it either, probably because there was no piano player :-)) Mind you, we DO have piano players in the Netherlands, just check the other video!

Regards,

Dick Sleeman, Lelystad, Holland. <d.sleeman at hccnet.nl>

"...Of all the musical instruments in use today, the trombone is one of,
 if not THE most difficult of instruments. I know, 'cause I have one..."

  (Dewsnap in "THE TROMBONE", December 10, 2002)