[Dixielandjazz] Benefit for Larry Willis features some great jazz pianists..

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 25 12:24:27 PST 2007

Dan Spink and other keyboarders in the NYC area. You  might want to check
out this benefit for pianist Larry Willis who lost everything in a house
fire at his pad in Marlboro Maryland. The suggested minimum donation is $20
and it all goes to Larry. The musicians are donating their time as is
everyone else involved.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone

³Pianists Play for Larry²

Top piano players unite to assist pianist Larry Willis after his house fire

Monday, February 26, 2007, at 7pm at St. Peter's Church (54th and Lexington)

³We have all delighted and benefited from the decades of wonderful
music made by Larry Willis, and in his hour of need, the piano
community has responded, and we are proud to be able to create a great night
for him.²
- Jim Luce of The Fazioli Salon at Klavierhaus.

Larry Willis Benefit features the Fazioli F-278 Concert Grand Piano
and a lineup of distinguished pianists (subject to change) including:

  Mamiko Watanabe          7:00 - 7:10
  Orrin Evans              7:10 - 7:20
  Bertha Hope              7:20 - 7:30
  Sachiko Kato             7:30 - 7:40
  Randy Weston             7:40 - 7:50
  Hal Galper               7:50 ­ 8:00
  Don Friedman             8:00 - 8:10
  Ran Jia                  8:10 - 8:25
  Geri Allen               8:25 - 8:35
  Rachel Z                 8:35 - 8:45
  Armen Donelian           8:45 - 8:55
  Lenore Raphael           8:55 - 9:05
  Barney McAll             9:05 - 9:15
  Matthias Bublath         9:15 - 9:20
  Patrick Poladian         9:20 - 9:30
  Kathy Farmer             9:30 - 9:40
  Jean Michel Pilc         9:40 - 9:50
  Deanna Witkowski         9:50 - 10:00
  Pete Malinverni          10:00 - 10:10
  James Weidman            10:10 - 10:20
  Ronnie Mathews           10:20 - 10:30

Plus Dr. Billy Taylor, Onaje Allen Gumbs, Gene Perla and others.

This evening is produced by Rev. Dale Lind of St. Peter¹s Church, in
association with The Fazioli Salon at Klavierhaus.

Tickets available online at www.pianoculture.com, or at the door.
For more information, contact Jim Luce at lucegroup at mac.com.

See Doug Ramsey¹s article for more info:
http://www.artsjournal.com/rifftides/archives/2007/02/larry_willis_bu.html