[Dixielandjazz] Pee Wee Russell Anecdote

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Fri Feb 23 20:49:53 PST 2007

Dear Steve,
Something happened while editing the part about Robert Hilbert's book.
The following paragraph managed to get detached and ended up well below the
main email.
You may have missed it, as did I before I sent it off.
Kind regards,
Bill.

"It was Jimmy McPartland's gig and it seems that Joe Sullivan was in the
band. Mr Hilbert quotes the 'milk story'. The McPartland band had a
successful month-long engagement at the Brass Rail which was broadcast
nightly over local CBS radio."