[Dixielandjazz] Cartoon music played for free

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 14:47:06 PST 2007

Hello listmates,
This was too good to pass!
On the 13th I attended a charity concert all income from which was
devoted to the Issie Shapira Home for Handicapped Cjildren in my
hometown Raanana.  The musicians (Isradixie + guests) palyed for free,
but also the (very fancy) tickets and posters were donated, as were
free refreshments (including unlimited quantity of Samuel Adams beer,
contributed by the importer, Tempo Bira).  I cannot tell whehter stage
hands were paid, but the municipal audiitorium was provided free.
Cartoon - because the band played two numbers against an animated
background: one cartoon, and one - a mix of cartoon and animated
three-dimentional figures, the solos being syncronized with those of
the animated characters.  The band was excellent, as if inspired by
the benefit idea.
By the way, one member, the soprano player Jacques Sany (who also
plays the tenor sax and clarinet) starred at a Sidney Bechet Society
concert in either 2004 or 2005 (I canno racall), and has been invited
again for November 2007..
Cheers