[Dixielandjazz] Banjo Player wanted Fast Hurry !!!

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Thu Feb 22 12:10:13 PST 2007

Naw it's an event planner they wouldn't have a clue how many strings a
banjo has if any  :))

So long as it looks good and makes some noise they will be happy :))

I'd bet on it.    I don't even play Banjo but I could probably put on a
western outfit and walk around with one and get paid for this gig :))

Well maybe :))   I once had to do it as a Keyboard player, when the
band I had booked never showed up for a dance,  good thing I had a
Clavinova and a disk player, saved the good paying gig and got all the
money, did such a good job of faking it I booked three more gigs with
the same set up.   Hardest part of the gig was moving the damned 150 lb
claivinova and P.A.  amplifier.   Damn I'm good!  especially when I get
paid in advance, "Never give the Money Back "  And leave them happy and
satisfied customers every time.

I have also hauled it out and used it for trio cocktail gigs to open a
bigger event, just hired a guitar player and another drummer and we did
the background dinner jazz for them no sweat.    One guy was so
impressed with my playing once he came up and said Wow Man, I knew you
were a drummer but I didn't know you played piano, you sounded just
like Teddy Wilson on that last song. :))

He did not see the Teddy Wilson disc, or even know I was using a disc
player.  He was a local dentist that played a little piano on the side,
I asked him if he would like to play a few tunes, and he begged off
saying oh no man I could not follow your talent :))   Ha ha I still
ROTFLOL just thinking about that night.   Not because I slicked thru
the gig, but that I was able to save the day and make a successful
event out of a disaster for those folks when the band never showed up.
  Turns out the band had nasty accident in their van, and this was
before cellphones.

Tom  Wiggins   Who quickly became a live music DJ because I had to,
Trust me I do not make a habit of that, I would have rather hired a
good Banjo Player for the gig if I had known one :))