[Dixielandjazz] Musicianers

brian at radiojazz.co.uk brian at radiojazz.co.uk
Thu Feb 22 09:38:00 PST 2007

 Steve Barbone recollects Sidney Bechet using the term "muscianer" when
referring to his fellows.
In researching Avery Kid Howard's life for my biography (hopefully due one
day from Jazzology) I discovered that on tapes of Howard's interviews he
also used the adjective to describe fellow musicians in New Orleans.
Can we take it that this word was used generally in NO?
Brian Harvey