[Dixielandjazz] Jazz Peotry Festival

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Sat Feb 17 22:09:44 PST 2007

Yes indeed there is a new movement in place here folks,

Copus is an act that I frequently consult for and work with from time
to time as the movement grows,

and Two of St. Gabriel's regular players work shows with Upsurge when
they are not busy.

while this is not my particular cup of Tea or MKOM   I still respect
the creativity involved and the efforts these folks are making to find
an audience, which they are doing and it is growing too.   If More OKOM
bands would do the same ???? well that is an old old story that most of
ya'll don't really want to hear again :))  So be it.

Today St. Gabriel's broke some new ground at an African Museum with a
Mardi Gras Show  and once again blew them away, resulting in several
new bookings  at substantially more money too,  not that there was
anything wrong with todays paycheck :)) and a very nice endorsement for
our Jazz For Kids program.   We may soon do a series there presented by
the museum.

Again guys  I keep telling you you gotta think outside the box and go
make the gigs happen.

Amazing thing happened, too,  I sent emails to many N. Ca. OKOm jazz
fans and posted on this list and NOT ONE member or Okom fan showed up
and it was also A FREE SHOW.

Does that tell you what's wrong with OKOM nope, cause most of ya'll
don't think there is really any problem with it at all.

Well we made several hundred new converts today and by the way a lot of
them were Black Americans too, who were delighted to see and hear some
Black players playing Real N.O. Jazz, it took us two hours to get out
of the place,  how did ya'll do.

Rev. Tom Bob