[Dixielandjazz] Butch Thompson Alert

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Fri Feb 16 14:01:29 PST 2007

> (http://www.elabs7.com/c.html?rtr=on&s=fj6,27ht,dv,g6ia,1snh,6z0b,d04b)

Dear Jack,
Thank you for alerting us to that link.
Certainly worth a look.
I was able to access the piano solo video, but had to go to YouTube direct
for the Chuck Atkins/Butch clip, as the link given wouldn't open.
Unfortunately, no such luck with the audio links given.
Which raises several queries our DJML gurus can probably answer.
Clicking on the mp3 link would not open it at all.
I always have this problem with audio clips on Amazon's CD site, but not
others like Worlds Records. Why?
Is my Mac OSX 10.2.8 Jaguar program too old?
The RealAudio link loaded OK, but converted the music into a TextEdit file
with computer jargon.
I usually have no problems using RealPlayer but occasionally it too converts
to TextEdit.
Why? Perhaps RealAudio is not a RealPlayer program.
This also happens every time I try to access the California Ramblers 1923
version of "I Wish I Could Shimmy Like My Sister Kate" on the Red Hot Jazz
Archive site.
All other tunes on this wonderful site open OK. Except that one record,
which I'm probably destined never to hear.
I've tried 'Refreshing' the Red Hot site with no luck.
Kind regards,
Bill.