[Dixielandjazz] Leningrad Jazz Band in LODI, May 19! (From St. Petersburg, actually)

Bob Romans cellblk7 at comcast.net
Fri Feb 16 08:14:58 PST 2007

A concert on Lake Mallard...
Speaking of the Leningrad Jazz band...in Lodi, hometown of Pat Yankee, Jack Wiard, The Barkin' Dawg jazz band, and Cell Block 7!
So far, there's room for 10 couples now...going fast! Let me know if you're coming ASAP!

Hi Jazz fans, the Leningrad Jazz Band from St. Petersburg, Russia, will be performing right here in Lodi, Saturday, May 19, 6-9 pm. on the deck and dock at 1617 Lakeshore Drive.  You'll be able to watch the sun set over beautiful Mallard Lake while getting an alcoholic buzz on ,eating great goodies, and listening to some of the finest jazz in the world...CLASSIC JAZZ! Please don't expect to hear ANYTHING even close to resembling Kenny G!
It's been six long years since this band has been to Sacramento,  (http://www.sacjazz.com/bands.php) , and their many fans are anxious to get them back!
The band is well known around St. Petersburg and they recently appeared at jazz festivals in Finland and Israel.  Their music is a delightful mixture of traditional jazz and swing, played with a Russian accent.
Bring some vodka, a sweater in case it cools down, a folding chair, a delightful easy to fix hors d' oeuvre, plus $40 per couple to pay for the band...(I have to pay the Sacramento Traditional Jazz Society for renting the band).
The band starts at 6 PM and will play, when not consuming vodka and your hors d' oeuvres, and if they stay sober, until 9 +PM.
There will be a keg of very fine local ale on ice, sodas, and local wine.  If you want something REALLY sophisticated, you'll have to bring it yourself and guard it all night long!
Ladies, please keep your hands OFF of these talented Russian men....they are a long way from home, and are very easily seduced, I understand! DO NOT try to corrupt these innocent foreigners!  But, DO be nice and friendly to them, make them feel at home and welcome!  Offer to get them drinks, and SMILE at them!
If you plan on attending this incredible concert right here in Lodi, send your check/reservation ASAP to the below address. Reservations will be cut off at 30 couples...singles will be, obviously, $20 .(If a single female, you WILL be observed very carefully!) :~)
Warmest regards,
Bob and Carole Romans,
1617 Lakeshore Drive,
Lodi, Calif., 95242