[Dixielandjazz] FW: Forbes Magazine - Why Vista's DRM Is Bad For You

Robert Smith robert.smith at tele2.no
Fri Feb 16 07:25:30 PST 2007

Dear Bill,

Many thanks for posting this URL. "Vista's DRM" (I think DRM means Digital
Restriction Management) certainly seems to be another step that the
financial ghouls are taking to make our lives a misery.

A thing to remember is that one doesn't have to go via the Internet.
Usually, good films and good music are sent via TV and radio, and if one is
patient then the good things can be recorded on equipment not connected to a
PC. Here in Norway this is legal, providing the recording is only for
personal use (or research purposes!).

I also heard that the USA snoopers have had a backdoor built into Vista so
that they can monitor all Internet and E-mail messages.

Cheers

Bob Smith