[Dixielandjazz] Leningrad Dixieland Band

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 16 07:10:36 PST 2007

Doctorjazz29 at aol.com wrote

> Several years ago I purchased a cassette tape of the Leningrad Dixieland
> Jazzband, recorded in 1971 and 1979. (I purchased it as a result of hearing
> them at Sacramento Jubilee).

I don't know who was in the band then, but here is who performed with them
at the Pori Jazz Festival in 2006.

Evgeniy Koseko, drums; Stanislav Cheremushkin, tuba: Maksim Piganov,
trombone; Roman Ivanov, trumpet; Dmitri Zakora, piano, vocals, banjo
Lev Lebedev, clarinet, sax, leader

And here is who was in the band performing at Pori in 1996

Usyskin, Alexander, cl; Kuvaitsev, Oleg, sax, leader; Soour, Juli, tp, voc
Tchiniris, Anatoly, tb; Erschov, Boris, banjo; Pankevitch, Vladislav, p, voc
Kudriavtsev, Vladimir, b; Skrypnik, Alexsander, dr, voc

They have a bit of turnover.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone