[Dixielandjazz] Leningrad Dixieland Band

Gerard Bielderman gerard.bielderman at tiscali.nl
Fri Feb 16 01:24:53 PST 2007

Thank you Bill Haesler, to call me an expert but in this case I cannot help
either. I have the last LP that Bill mentions on the Melodija label (33 C
60-12439-40) but the cover gives no recording date. Neither I have info
about a cassette or LP with "Just a closer walk".
I remeber that the band played in Zwolle on September 7, 1991, exactly the
weekend when it was decided that Leningrad would get back its original name:
St. Petersburg. And the band members wondered if they would have to change
the band's name too! I have a half hour tape of their performance then at
the market place here. I was not much impressed....

Gerard Bielderman
Leie 18
8032 ZG  ZWOLLE
Netherlands