[Dixielandjazz] Dixielandjazz Digest, Vol 50, Issue 38

Rodgerdevore at aol.com Rodgerdevore at aol.com
Thu Feb 15 04:34:37 PST 2007

I remember the '38 jazz concert with Jess Stacey on "Sing, Sing, Sing" but
recently heard a version without Stacey and it's not as good. Can anybody tell
me what version has Jess?

I went to the '78 re-enactment where a friend, Paul Qunichette, played.
Warren Chiasson played Hamp's part in the '88 re-enactment. Warren is playing a lot
these days. Just did a sold out tribute to Cal Tjader in Hackettston, NJ. He
has been here several times at Jazz'NCaz - played with Jack Maheu , whom he
played with for a number of years at Condon's.

Roger De Vore
Cazenovia, NY 13035
315-662-3456

PS. I play almost all very old jazz - with both old and new artists - on the
college radio here and the kids love it. High school kids have approached me
and said: "....I really like your music". There IS hope ladies and gents.