[Dixielandjazz] Mills' Blue Rhythm Band recording of "Savage Rhythm.

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Wed Feb 14 13:30:48 PST 2007

>  "Savage Rhythm".......... the one recorded by Cab Calloway and was written
by Fred Coots and Benny Davis in 1937.
The other [was] recorded by Mills Blue Rhythm Band.
Can someone tell me the name of the composers and composition year of
that one?<

Dear Craig,
(1931. Hoffman-Goodman)
I doubt that this is Al Hoffman, who wrote "Heartaches" in 1931, a Ted Weems
hit in 1933 with its Elmo Tanner whistling chorus.
I also suggest that it is too early for the Goodman to be 'our Benny'.
Kind regards,
Bill.