[Dixielandjazz] Fourteenth St. Blues

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Sun Feb 11 12:57:57 PST 2007

>............. a number called 14th St. Blues. He had heard it played by Ken
Peplowski.
Could anyone tell me something about this tune, if the music is available
or a Band in the Box version is anywhere around..........<

Dear Jeff,
The version of "14th Street Blues" your friend heard is probably the one on
the 1991 Leon Redbone CD album 'Sugar' (Blue Thumb 2420).
So far as I can find, there are no tunes using this name from the Classic
Jazz era, so if may be that it is a Ken Peplowski original.
Which means that it is unlikely that the music would have been published.
The personnel for the CD includes Terry Waldo, Ken Peplowski, Dan Barrett,
Peter Ecklund, Brian Nalepka, Eddie Davis, Bob Mastro, Arnie Kinsella and
Vince Giordano.
All are musicians known personally to quite a few DJMLers.
Perhaps a listmate has the CD and can check the composer credit on the
insert.
Or someone can ask Mr Peplowski.
Kind regards,
Bill.