[Dixielandjazz] playing for charity

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Fri Feb 9 22:49:43 PST 2007

OK Guys recognize your marketplace and how they behave or don't behave:
  when in Rome do as the ROMANS DO !!   HELL WHEN IN LODI, CA.  DO AS
THE ROMANS DO. !!   THEY DO PRETTY WELL.

Hey Larry From now on Issue sunglasses and white Canes to each guy in
the band and use them until they get the message,  psst! yoiu can get
away with a lot of other things wearing those glasses too. :))

Cheers,

Tom

  Another thing. I took Elizar and his friend out to a local jazz club.
The trio was very professional and the crowd had a great time. When the
evening was over there was $5 in their tip jar, to which I contributed
but that's a shame. Every couple in there should have at least dropped
in a $5 bill. I think the band put the fiver in the tip jar as bait.
(we got there early and it was there)

  If a musician could get $25 or $30 in tips a night it might make
playing a lot more attractive but people here just don't tip bands
unless the guy is blind then they do OK. I have two blind friends who
get anywhere from $25 to $100 a night in tips depending on the gig. I
wouldn't mind taking a little less from the owner if I knew the guys
were going to get and extra $25 or $30 in tips.
 Larry