[Dixielandjazz] Another gem from YouTube

Martin Jelsema mjelsema at comcast.net
Thu Feb 1 22:08:25 PST 2007

My heart skipped a beat when I saw this listing: George Lewis doing Burgundy
Street Blues. My first recording of George doing this tune sent me and four
fraternity brothers from Gainseville Fla to N.O. for the weekend. George
wasn't in town that weekend but We managed to have a good time anyway.
Sharkey B. was at the Famous Door I remember.and then I blacked out. A great
weekend experience. Since, I've accumulated about five different Lewis
recordings of Burgundy Street and they all remind me why George Lewis was a
giant. Here's the link to the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbECu_Yekb4

Martin Jelsema

303-242-5975