[Dixielandjazz] Jonathan Russell

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 6 13:14:19 PST 2007

on 2/6/07 3:30 PM, baglady4 at juno.com at baglady4 at juno.com wrote:

Hi Steve:

Second
was with Ed, Johnny Varro, Tom Fischer (clarinet) and Chuck Reid (drums).

*****I bet this was Check Redd (who also plays mean Vibes) and is from the
DC area, I believe.

Nancie

Yes, Nancie, you are absolutely right. My typo mistake. The all stars there
were: Bucky Pizzarelli - guitar, Johnny Varro ­ piano,  Mark Shane ­ piano,
Herman Burney ­ bass,  Nicki Parrott ­ bass, Joe Ascione ­ drums,  Ken
Peplowski- reeds,  Tom Fischer ­ reeds,  Duke Heitger ­ cornet/ trumpet,  Ed
Polcer ­ cornet/trumpet,  Dan Barrett ­ trombone,  Chuck Redd ­ drums/vibes.
Fast company for young "J".

For those who don't know about Chuck Redd, As a young man he was Charlie
Byrd's drummer in 1980, going on to play with Barney Kessel, Herb Ellis,
Conte Candoli, Dizzy Gillespie, Mel Torme, Tommy Flanagan, Ray Brown, Monty
Alexander, Laurindo Almeida, Tal Farlow, Red Norvo, Scott Hamilton, Dr.
Billy Taylor, Marian McPartland, Ken Peplowski and Terry Gibbs, among
others. He also performs with  the Smithsonian Jazz Masterworks Orchestra

I hope he forgives me for misspelling his name.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone